Hot didity blog

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Add some texture

Memories Like These

Designed by Amy Perkins

I love to add texture to my layouts!  Here I used the edge of my scissors and scrapped it against the edge of my paper to make it distressed (the 'Distrezz it all' tool by Zutter also works great too!).  After layering several patter paper I rolled the corner of some edges to bring the focus of the layout to the photos.  Corrugated cardboard adds another layer of texture.  In fact, the corrugated paper was a square diecut that I cut in half and added a piece to the bottom of the picture to make it look like it was a full piece that went behind the entire photo.  The tag "memories like this" doubles as my title and my journal tag that is tucked behind the photo.  You may remember these butterflies from a 2010 frugal tip we wrote about....(cutting popular images out of kraft paper using the Cricut machine).  I was so excited to have them already on hand, and they worked perfect for this layout! 





Techniques Used:
  • Distressing edges of paper (scissors)
  • Tearing and curling edges of paper
  • Frugal tip; cut images from kraft paper and keep on hand for inexpensive embellishments
  • 30 minute layout!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

I like the layering, cute layout.

Taraleigh Gray said...

awesome awesome! I love the homespun touch distressing adds