Hot didity blog

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

It's not always what you think...

Amy's May Design Team Kit

The pattern paper in the May kit is from the Teresa Collins collection Celebrate.  Because it was a birthday themed paper, I was convinced that I going to use it for a birthday layout.  However, after several weeks and no pictures to go with it, I remembered how Taraleigh from our design team did a layout that wasn't birthday at all.  And so, I soon found myself looking through photos with a new perspective.  Sure enough I spotted the perfect picture to go with the backside of the cupcake paper! 

I forget how easy it is to paint chipboard and love that how the color stays so true.  Included in the May kit was Maya Road chipboard banner pieces.  I originally wanted to put my title on them, but instead decided to use them as a 12" border. 




With the leftover scraps, I made a card and a tag.  I love to use tags on gifts because then I don't feel the pressure to have to write a little note inside.  A simple, "wishing you a happy birthday" works just fine!




No comments: