Hot didity blog

Friday, July 13, 2012

DIY - Thickers

Whether tinsel or glitter... I'm always drawn to that scrapbook supply section and seem to WANT and NEED every color that there is to offer... I think it's how the florescent lights makes them glitter, that get's me ever time!! ;-) 

I was really excited that we included the DIY Thickers in the July Add-On Kit - Going Places giving me the chance to use the tinsel that has been in my scrap-stash for some time now.  I was really surprised at how easy they were to use... and the biggest challenge I had was choosing which color to use!!


Step 1: ... Working on a non-stick surface (I'm using my Bazzill Splat Mat) select your letters and peal off the top layer.  (NOTE:... I found out the hard way... although the packaging is clear.. it is NOT a non-stick surface!)

Step: 2: ... A little sprinkle (This tinsel is going to last a LONG time... a little goes a long way!!)



Step 3:  ... A little tap to make sure the tinsel is sticking to the letters... and you are done!  It's that EASY!!!  


Here is my finished layout!  I can't wait to pull out my glitter and tinsel and continue to create custom letters for my titles.


If you have any questions- just leave a comment and I'd be happy to reply back. - Amy

No comments: