Hot didity blog

Thursday, March 1, 2012

All Smiles

Hi everyone, this is Rachel with my first blog post for Scrap Again! :) 
 
Today I am sharing a layout that I made with the October Afternoon Farmhouse line, with a “vintage” picture of my sister and I riding our bikes. I recently stole borrowed several boxes of photos from my mom’s house and am in the process of scanning them into my computer. It is kind of time consuming but so worth the work! I am doing them in small batches. I have found a few fun Polaroid shots that I can’t wait to scrap. :)

A lot of the photos from my childhood are small 3x5 photos and there are not negatives for most of them, so the only copy of them was in a photo box. Scanning them in makes a permanent copy on my computer and anytime I want to scrap with one, I can just print it out and I’m not worried about damaging the original or using the only copy of a photo. Then all the photos are there if anyone else in the family wants a copy. 
 
I just have a regular HP Photosmart printer that is several years old, but the scanned images are turning out great –in some cases, better than the original photos. I just wanted to share that because it is not a fancy or expensive scanner. If you have older photos and a scanner at home, I encourage you to give it a try. I also back up the photos on my computer onto an external hard drive, so if my computer crashes, all those memories are safe! I just set my computer to auto back up every Sunday night. Super easy.  

Almost everything on the page is from the October Afternoon Farmhouse Miscellany package, which has a lot of fun die cuts, chipboard pieces, and buttons in it. The pink doily shape behind the photo was cut out with my Silhouette. I used the clothespin to clip my journaling behind the card with the flowers on it, just some little details about the photo and our bikes, which we loved when we were little.

Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

Mandie said...

love, love, love your layout, rachel. & i love that pic of you & your sis!

Amy Perkins said...

Can't wait to scrap-lift!! ~Amy